CHEF, the Culinary & Hospitality Education Foundation of Southwest Florida announced live auction lots for its annual signature scholarship fundraising event, a Culinary CHEF Showdown, on January 6, 2020, at Grey Oaks Country Club in Naples. Proceeds will benefit Collier and Lee County students who are pursuing degrees and careers in the culinary arts and hospitality industries.
The annual epicurean extravaganza features a culinary duel between CHEF’s 2020 honoree, Chef Asif Syed of 21 Spices by Chef Asif, challenging Aielli Restaurant Group Corporate Chef, Jason Goddard, to create a delicious appetizer from mystery basket ingredients in 30-minutes, judged by a professional panel.
Live auction lots include fantastic culinary explorations and wine tasting adventures:
- All Aboard for a 3-night stay for two at Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa Valley, with dinner aboard the Napa Valley Wine Train, chauffeur service, and round-trip air travel
- Under the Tuscan Sun, 7-night stay for two couples in choice of Tuscan villa with concierge service to help plan your own adventure
- Savor the flavours of Porto, a 5-night stay for two couples in Porto, Portugal, with winery tours
- Retreat in the River District of downtown Fort Myers for two couples at the new Luminary Hotel & Co., complete with a gourmet dinner paired with wine, tickets to the Florida Repertory Theatre, Edison & Ford Winter Estates Tour and Pure Fort Myers Sunset-Eco Cruise, and a private lesson for four from Offshore Sailing School
- “Steak-cation” at the Epicurean Hotel in Tampa for two couples with a private Sommelier-led tour of the spectacular wine cellar and gift cards to enjoy dinner at legendary Bern’s Steak House and Dessert Room, across the street from the Epicurean Hotel
Wine and dine around town auction lots include:
- Catered Game Dinner for 8 guests by Chef Ruth Manchester at a private estate in Bonita Springs
- Catered Dinner with wine and photography for 8 guests from Chef Brian & Nicole Roland of Crave Culinaire/Venue Naples
- Champagne Lunch and cooking class for 10 guests at Sea Salt
- Brunch for 8 guests with Prosecco at Sails Restaurant
- Two-night stay for two at Hyatt Coconut Point Resort & Spa with private dinner for 10 guests
The evening includes two offerings. First, wine connoisseurs will enjoy a very special VIP Wine Tasting with Bleu Provence Co-owner and Sommelier, Jacques Cariot, beginning at 5:00 p.m. featuring small-production French wines from Blue Provence’s Wine Spectator award-winning cellar. View these exclusive wines here.
Guests may purchase an all-inclusive ticket for the evening beginning with the VIP Wine Tasting for $700 per guest; or guests may purchase an event ticket for $225 per guest, arriving at 6:30 p.m. to view the Culinary Showdown, enjoy a 3-course dinner paired with wine created by Grey Oaks’ Executive Chef Chris Mark and Sommelier Victor Valdivia, and participate in silent and live auctions, called by Scott Robertson Auctioneers. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here.